PART-TIME PROMOTIONS ASSISTANT WANTED!
The Promotions Department is looking for a promo assistants to help balance the Promotions team in Crystal Lake with Star 105.5 and 103.9 The Fox (WZSR & WFXF: Matrix Broadcasting)! If you have a hard working, energetic and a proactive outlook then this is the place for you!
You MUST have a radio promotions background and have availability to be in the office daily and work events too. We are searching for someone who is motivated, good customer service and organized. NO laziness will be tolerated! It’s never a dull moment; you will meet tons of new people and will get to see a lot of great places!
So, if you like to have fun BUT can multi-task and stay organized then we would love for you to join the team in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago! There is room to grow plus, you will help assist the gaps between all other departments.
Please send your resume and cover letter to the Promotions Director, Tina Lawrence at [email protected] . Thank you!
Matrix Broadcasting is looking for a talented and dynamic full time Program Director for WZSR FM in the Chicago market. There are some big shoes to fill as our current PD steps out of a dual position to devote all of his time to hosting our very successful morning show. This station has a very high profile in Chicago’s northwest suburbs and we are looking for an experienced broadcast professional with a true passion for the radio business who will continue to build on our success. You will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of station programming including on-air content, music, production, digital, and personalities. The ideal candidate will be creative and innovative with the ability to produce compelling content for the listener and establish strong connections as a community partner. Strong music management skills are a must as well as the ability to lead and motivate a seasoned on-air staff. Applicants should have proven leadership and management skills and a solid understanding of the AC format.
Qualifications and requirements include but are not limited to:
- Identify, recruit and coach top on-air talent
- Monitor and evaluate all music and programming content for the station.
- Develop and coordinate station marketing, imaging and promotion
- Achieve ratings objectives for local market share
- Manage streaming and terrestrial music logs
- Direct and monitor station’s programming and activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, company policy and applicable federal, state, and local laws
- Work with sales team to develop effective sales promotions, events and other revenue generating opportunities for station clients
- Prepare and manage Programming Department budget
- Understanding of PPM software and methodology
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and adhere to
- Knowledge and experience with Selector, NexGen, Music Master and Adobe Audition.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat
- Extensive knowledge of FCC broadcast rules and regulations
- Knowledge of federal, state and local contesting rules and regulations
Qualified candidates should mail cover letter and resume to:
Kathleen Cahill, Matrix Broadcasting 8800 US Highway 14, Crystal Lake, IL. 60012-or email to [email protected].